DNSSEC Validator for Mozilla Firefox
DNSSEC Add-on for Mozilla Firefox adds a new functionality to your browser. This Add-on is able to check the DNSSEC status of a page you are visiting and it will present status of DNSSEC security using color keys and information texts in the URL bar.
This page contains especially technical information about Add-on. If you are looking for common things, please visit Add-on's homepage.
Certain old versions of the Add-on might use CZ.NIC's testing resolver at 184.108.40.206. Operation of this resolver was terminated, so please upgrade your Add-on to 0.14.1alpha or higher which uses stable CZ.NIC's resolvers in its configuration.
DNSSEC Validator @ addons.mozilla.org
Besides using GUI preferences we can change some add-on's options through the system of browser's hidden preferences (about:config). There are available these parameters:
- extensions.dnssec.debugoutput [boolean]* -- print debug information to standard output
- extensions.dnssec.asyncresolve [boolean] – enable asynchronous resolving
- extensions.dnssec.usetcp [boolean] -- use TCP instead of default UDP for resolving
- extensions.dnssec.cacheflushinterval [integer] -- interval of flushing expired cache records (in seconds, "0" stands for disabled cache)
- extensions.dnssec.popupfgcolor [string]
- extensions.dnssec.popupbgcolor [string] -- popup-window text and background color (use Mozilla's color notation (e.g. "#ffffff", "white", etc.), or leave empty for using theme colors)
*it is also necessary to enable browser.dom.window.dump.enabled [boolean]
Please do not change any other add-on's option here except those mentioned above.
Any question about Add-on you can send to firstname.lastname@example.org conference. You can also report bugs and feature requests here.
DNSSEC Add-on source code can be downloaded using Git protocol at git://git.nic.cz/dnssec-validator/. This repository is read-only and if you want to send us changes and improvements you may have done, you can do so by sending us a patchset to email@example.com email address.